For those of you who follow me on Facebook, you know I just taught a seminar today at HMAUS (Hawaii Mac and Apple Users Society) on “Getting Started with iOS 8. The live class covered a ton of topics and answered a bunch of questions from the members. But for those of you who are not a part of HMAUS yet… hint hint. I’ll share what we covered and I’ll even publish my 19 page handout on iOS 8’s new features for normal people.
Here’s what we covered:
Basic iOS 8 Tips
- Spotlight is actually useful now.
- Built in keyboard is even better with predictive text.
- Interact with your Notifications like text messages.
- Mail is better if you swipe.
- Messages are much more than txts.
- Camera has new photo/video modes.
- Photos has more editing options.
- Health Kit can give emergency medical info.
Advanced iOS 8 Tips
- Multitasking now contains your contacts.
- Third party keyboards are awesome for geeks.
- Notification Center Widgets gives power users quick actions.
- Extensions in Sharing, File Actions, and More allow you to do more with data.
- Handoff/Continuity helps you work between devices.
- Siri live dicatation types while you talk for better dictation.